This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bootstrap/7821: make bootstrap fails with fatal error in all-target-libjava
- From: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- To: nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-prs at gcc dot gnu dot org,
- Date: 3 Sep 2002 23:46:02 -0000
- Subject: Re: bootstrap/7821: make bootstrap fails with fatal error in all-target-libjava
- Reply-to: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7821; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Subject: Re: bootstrap/7821: make bootstrap fails with fatal error in all-target-libjava
Date: 04 Sep 2002 01:41:43 +0200
> aris2.7/bin/ -B/cirrus/smtools/gnu64/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/lib/ -isystem /cirrus/smtools/gnu64/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/include -m64" "LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld" "LIBCFLAGS=-g -O2 -m64" "NM=/cirrus/smtools/gnu64/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/nm" "PICFLAG=" "RANLIB=true" "DESTDIR=" DO=all multi-do
> mksh: Fatal error in reader: = missing from replacement macro reference
> Current working directory /home/kk/utilities/objdir/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/libjava
> *** Error code 1
Judging from the 'mksh: ' error message, I suppose you're trying to build
gcc with Sun make? As documented in
building libjava currently requires GNU make:
We highly recommend that GCC be built using GNU make; other
versions may work, then again they might not. GNU make is required
for compiling GNAT (the Ada compiler) and the Java runtime library.
Hope this helps.