Re: objc/6960: Compiler doesn't correct allocate object from -fconstant-string-class=

Synopsis: Compiler doesn't correct allocate object from -fconstant-string-class=

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->nicola
Responsible-Changed-By: nicola
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Sep  1 05:22:13 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Looking at it
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: nicola
State-Changed-When: Sun Sep  1 05:22:13 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    The compiler is working properly.  In the testcase, the
    NSObject class contains an additional field _info in the
    ivar layout, which causes NSConstantString to have an
    additional ivar in the layout, which is not allowed.
    I understand the point, but unfortunately this is not
    supposed to work - the NSConstantString class ivar layout
    is fixed.  I also agree it should be documented better,
    but that's it.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6960