Re: c++/7301: template template parameters are not correctly parsed when using 'typename'

The following reply was made to PR c++/7301; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kriang Lerdsuwanakij <lerdsuwa@users.sourceforge.net>
To: Thomas Mang <a9804814@unet.univie.ac.at>, lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org,
        a9804814@unet.univie.ac.at, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
        nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/7301: template template parameters are not correctly
  parsed when  using 'typename'
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:12:21 +0700

 Check out the language grammar, either from the standard or
 say The C++ Programming 3rd Ed or special Ed.  Only 'class'
 is allowed in the grammar.  The idea is with template type parameter,
 you can substitute it with any type such as 'int', etc.   So using 'class'
 there seems like it's restricted to class types, not any type like
 'typename'.
 But with template template parameter, you can only substitute it with a
 template class.

 --Kriang