Re: c++/7009: please provide command line option to turn off newinclude warnings

The following reply was made to PR c++/7009; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Phillips <msp@nortelnetworks.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, Hugues.Talbot@cmis.CSIRO.AU,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/7009: please provide command line option to turn off new
 include warnings
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:50:58 +0100

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7009

 The new warnings also stop gcc 3.1itself from building...

 In my case gcc gettext and libiconv are all installed in the same
 directory, but the existing compiler does not pickup that include/lib dir.

 If I use --with-libiconv-prefix=xxx it almost works except, but libjava
 fails because its configure script thinks loads of things are missing
 because the tests fail when they see the unexpected warning:-

 cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system directory "/xxx"
 cc1plus: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
 directory

 A similar problem also effects several other packages.

 The new deprecated C++ library warnings also break the configuration of
 some packages (though that can be fixed with a command line flag).

 Cheers
 Mark