Re: java/7123: TLtest in java testsuite fails, regression on 3.1 branch from 3.1 release

The following reply was made to PR java/7123; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: davem@redhat.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/7123: TLtest in java testsuite fails, regression on 3.1 branch from 3.1 release
Date: 25 Jun 2002 13:36:33 -0600

 >>>>> "David" == David S Miller <davem@redhat.com> writes:

 David> The "$1" is being expanded by the shell it
 David> appears.  So maybe the fix is simply to avoid
 David> using the '$' character in testsuite file names.

 We can't avoid these file names, because that is what we generate for
 nested classes.  (It isn't really part of the java spec, but changing
 it would be a significant amount of work.)

 Last time this happened it meant that somebody upgraded libtool
 without keeping track of the $-quoting hacks.  I don't know if that
 happened this time.

 Tom