Re: libstdc++/6410: Trouble with non-Ascii monetary symbols and wchar_t

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/6410; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@unitus.it>
To: bkoz@gcc.gnu.org,  bkoz@gcc.gnu.org,  gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
 gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,  nobody@gcc.gnu.org,  pcarlini@unitus.it,
 gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/6410: Trouble with non-Ascii monetary symbols and wchar_t
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 17:08:05 +0200

 bkoz@gcc.gnu.org wrote:

 >Synopsis: Trouble with non-Ascii monetary symbols and wchar_t
 >
 >Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->bkoz
 >Responsible-Changed-By: bkoz
 >Responsible-Changed-When: Mon May  6 07:54:31 2002
 >Responsible-Changed-Why:
 >    Perhaps not really mine, but I'll pretend.

 No, no... Definitely yours! ;-)

 >State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
 >State-Changed-By: bkoz
 >State-Changed-When: Mon May  6 07:54:31 2002
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >    According to Ulrich's comments here:
 >    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2002-04/msg00244.html
 >
 >    One solution would be to setlocale to de_DE@euro, for instance, in your testcase.
 >
 >    I tried that, and it didn't work really well. Here's the patch I'm currently using. I don't really like it, one because it breaks the current library API, and two because it's not MT-safe. I think something like this might be useful just to the testsuites can be cleaned up, and then a solution for glibc 2.3/uselocale can be used (which won't break the API for 3.1)
 >
 >    Sound like a plan?

 Excellent! If you could read in my mind you would find exactly that
 reasoning!

 Please commit this, and I will finish cleaning up
 22_locale/money_*_members.cc, as agreed, in the next few days.

 Thanks!
 Paolo.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6410