Re: java/5487: arm-linux-gcj cross-compiler generates bad assembler-code

The following reply was made to PR java/5487; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/5487: arm-linux-gcj cross-compiler generates bad assembler-code
Date: 25 Mar 2002 14:04:48 -0700

 >>>>> "Richard" == Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> writes:

 Richard>   What we do not want
 Richard>   ...
 Richard>     The location (URL) of the package that failed to build (we won't
 Richard>     download it, anyway, since you've already given us what we need to
 Richard>     duplicate the bug, haven't you? :-)

 Yeah.  Java is a little different from C or C++.  You can't send a
 `.i' file that encapsulates everything you need for the bug.  Still, I
 agree that downloading something is a pain and it is much, much more
 convenient to have a small archive that demonstrates the bug.

 OTOH, rhug is sort of a special case.  It is one of the important gcj
 applications that we want to build out of the box.

 Tom