Re: libstdc++/5579: Problems with money_get

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/5579; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/5579: Problems with money_get
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:53:35 -0700

 Peter Schmid wrote:

 > >Number:         5579
 > >Category:       libstdc++
 > >Synopsis:       Problems with money_get
 > According to Table 14.15 on page 714 from the book "The C++ Standard
 > Library" by Josuttis when pattern is set to { symbol, none, sign,
 > value } $1234.54 should be legal input. But the following test case tmon
 > does not work. I apologize if I made a mistake.

 The locale containing your punctuation facet needs to be imbued in
 the stream passed to money_get<>::get () in order for the function
 to find it. Otherwise the default moneypunct (with an empty curr_symbol)
 is used.

 Also, the name of the function is do_thousands_sep(). The one in your
 facet is misspelled (it's missing an 's' at  the end).

 Finally, the program needs to #include <locale> to bring moneypunct
 et al into the namespace. Other than that, it seems correct but I
 can't tell you if it works with the latest libstdc++ or not. It does
 produce similarly bogus output with the older version that comes with
 gcc 3.0.1.

 Regards
 Martin