Re: fortran/5558: Error in POT file

The following reply was made to PR fortran/5558; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
To: Toon Moene <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>
Cc: toon@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
	martin@v.loewis.de, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: fortran/5558: Error in POT file
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:49:31 +0100

 * Toon Moene (toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl) [20020201 22:20]:

 > The problem is caused by the fact that several "proto" error messages in
 > the Fortran front-end have "printf"-like "%" sequences.
 >
 > However, they definitely are *not* printf format strings.  Hence
 > classifying them as c-format is wrong.

 The solution is very easy. Before each of those lines put the comment

 /* xgettext:no-c-format */

 That will prevent xgettext ever mistakenly mark such a string as
 printf-like. We could limit the marking to only those strings that xgettext
 wrongly marked, but I'd say fix it once and for all.

 Now who's going to do the dirty work, me or you? ;-)

 Philipp

 --
 Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
 Development, SuSE Linux AG, Deutscherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany