Re: target/4508: [ARM] gcc 3.0, ARM/thumb target, generates invalidasm

The following reply was made to PR target/4508; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ted Merrill <ted@arraycomm.com>
To: rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
	nobody@gcc.gnu.org, rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org, ted@arraycomm.com,
	gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/4508: [ARM] gcc 3.0, ARM/thumb target, generates invalid
 asm
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:32:43 -0800 (PST)

 I did spend some time trying to provide a short test case but was unable to.
 And in fact i have not seen this bug anywhere else but from this one
 fairly complicated source file.
 I worked around the problem by a adding in a local variable instead
 of working directly off of an element of an auto array.
 (The fact that i haven't seen this problem again is probably due largely
 to the fact that we generally avoid auto arrays due to small stack sizes...
 so maybe it isn't such an obscure corner after all.)

 I can send you the .i (preprocessed) file and the resulting .s file
 (and the error messages) but i have to have some assurance of
 privacy (not a guarantee) since the files could be considered sensitive
 (although they are hardly the company's crown jewels).
 I.e. i can't post it in the bug database.

 Thanks
 Ted Merrill