Re: target/4789: [DJGPP] preprocessing fortran files by cpp with extension .f

The following reply was made to PR target/4789; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andris Pavenis <pavenis@latnet.lv>
To: neil@gcc.gnu.org, bonner@ivp.bepr.ethz.ch, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, toon@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/4789: [DJGPP] preprocessing fortran files by cpp with extension .f
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:14:43 +0200

 On Tuesday 08 January 2002 12:26, neil@gcc.gnu.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: [DJGPP] preprocessing fortran files by cpp with extension .f
 >
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: toon->unassigned
 > Responsible-Changed-By: neil
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Jan  8 02:26:30 2002
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 >     Not a fortran issue per-se; a target-specific packaging issue
 >     I think.
 >
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=3Dview%20audit-trail&databas=
 e=3Dgcc&
 >pr=3D4789

 The problem appears when -remap is used in specs in cpp_options. cpp_opti=
 ons
 settings are common for both tradcpp0 and cpp0. For DJGPP we need -remap
 to avoid need to use changed names of include files (DJGPP can be used un=
 der
 plain MS-DOS when we only have 8+3 filename limitations). -remap is not=20
 recognized by tradcpp0 as valid option. Unfortunatelly tradcpp0 and cpp0 =
 are
 used also directly in specs not only through trad_capable_cpp (otherwise =
 I=20
 could change there)

 I tried to fix that for DJGPP port of gcc-3.0.3, but it required to add=20
 options specially for cpp0 only (not for tradcpp0) and to use this new sp=
 ec=20
 where needed  (in cp/lang-specs.h and f/lang-specs.h, gcc.c, etc)

 Andris