Re: c/2308: x86_64 opcode generated for i686

The following reply was made to PR c/2308; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
Cc: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,  <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: c/2308: x86_64 opcode generated for i686
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:58:16 +0000 (GMT)

 On 17 Mar 2001, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

 >  Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> writes:
 >
 >  > Things like this should go in the category "target"; I doubt it
 >  > has anything to do with the C front end.
 >
 >  Then renamed "target" to "backend".  What do I know what you mean by
 >  "target".

 The meanings of the categories are documented in both gnats.html and
 gcc.texi (though the latter is duplicate documentation that I think ought
 to go away in favour of a copy of gnats.html in release tarballs).

 It has been suggested, and would make sense, that there should be target-*
 categories for at least the more common targets (target-alpha,
 target-i386, ...).

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28@cam.ac.uk