Re: java/4914: Internal compiler error in emit_move_insn, at expr.c:2713

The following reply was made to PR java/4914; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/4914: Internal compiler error in emit_move_insn, at expr.c:2713
Date: 18 Dec 2001 17:04:30 -0700

 >>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr> writes:

 Daniel> Gcj emits an internal error while compiling
 Daniel> the following class.
 Daniel> The code is not generated by javac but nicec (a different
 Daniel> language compiling to bytecodes), but AFAIK it is valid.
 Daniel> Therefore I cannot provide a java source file.

 I looked at this today.  I agree the bytecode is fine.
 The problem is that gcj, in java/expr.c, is using emit_move_insn to
 try to emit a move between two items with different modes.  This is
 invalid.  I don't know enough to suggest a fix though :-(

 Tom