Re: preprocessor/4464: cpp removes duplicate entries from include path

Synopsis: cpp removes duplicate entries from include path

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: neil
State-Changed-When: Tue Nov  6 13:28:54 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    This is intended behaviour.  The documentation of -I states

    It is dangerous to specify a standard system include directory in an `-I' option. This defeats the special treatment of system headers (see section 2.7 System Headers). It can also defeat the repairs to buggy system headers which GCC makes when it is installed.

    at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.2/cpp_12.html#SEC57

    and at

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.2/cpp_2.html#SEC12

    The `-isystem' command line option adds its argument to the list of directories to search for headers, just like `-I'. Any headers found in that directory will be considered system headers.

    All directories named by `-isystem' are searched after all directories named by `-I', no matter what their order was on the command line. If the same directory is named by both `-I' and `-isystem', `-I' wins; it is as if the `-isystem' option had never been specified at all.

    The problems you see are normally symptoms of a bad configuration, or a consequence of command lines as described above.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=4464&database=gcc