Re: preprocessor/3645: -isystem args. ignored if already listed with -I

Synopsis: -isystem args. ignored if already listed with -I

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: neil
State-Changed-When: Tue Nov  6 13:22:46 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    This has been documented behaviour for all of 3.x.  See the CPP manual online at

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.2/cpp_2.html#SEC12

    I quote:

    The `-isystem' command line option adds its argument to the list of directories to search for headers, just like `-I'. Any headers found in that directory will be considered system headers.

    All directories named by `-isystem' are searched after all directories named by `-I', no matter what their order was on the command line. If the same directory is named by both `-I' and `-isystem', `-I' wins; it is as if the `-isystem' option had never been specified at all.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=3645&database=gcc