libgcj/3888: Combine libgcjgc.so and libzgcj.so with libgcj.so

>Number:         3888
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       Combine libgcjgc.so and libzgcj.so with libgcj.so
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jul 30 19:36:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Jeff Sturm
>Release:        3.1
Currently these three dynamic libraries are installed for libjava whenever --enable-shared is used.  Alternatively they could be combined by building libgcjgc and libzgcj as convenience libraries.  The advantages are simplified deployment (one DSO instead of three) and potentially better performance on platforms that can bind symbols at link time in shared libraries (e.g. AIX).

The main drawback is that we lose the capability to switch GC implementation at program load, but that never actually worked anyway.