Re: java/3426: java.io.InputStreamReader, infinite loop

The following reply was made to PR libgcj/3426; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/3426: java.io.InputStreamReader, infinite loop
Date: 12 Jul 2001 23:53:41 -0600

 >>>>> "David" == David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> writes:

 David> Didn't quite do it ... two bugs: inverting status of refill()
 David> once too many, and not initializing "work".  This updated patch
 David> was behaving OK for me (includes the natIconv.cc fix) ...

 Thanks for testing this.  I agree with your changes and I'll be
 checking it in soon.

 David> apologies for sending as an attachment, this mailer isn't
 David> reliable otherwise.

 Attachments are fine.  My mailer understands them, and as you say they
 are reliably decodable.

 David> With this patch, the infinite loop is gone.  Some of the other
 David> InputStreamReader strangeness I'd mentioned is still there.

 Is this info in the PR?  I thought the patch addressed everything.

 Tom