Re: c++/3628: "using std::rel_ops" blows up std::vector

The following reply was made to PR c++/3628; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com>
To: Richard.Kreckel@GiNaC.DE
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, Joe Buck <jbuck@racerx.synopsys.com>
Subject: Re: c++/3628: "using std::rel_ops" blows up std::vector
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:27:41 -0400

 On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 08:50:34PM -0000, Richard.Kreckel@GiNaC.DE wrote:
 > >Severity:       serious

 Priority high is reserved for maintainers.  Please read the bug-reporting
 instructions.

 > using namespace std;
 > using namespace std::rel_ops;
 [...]
 > Q: Does this qulify as a regression?  After all in gcc-2.95 there was no
 > such thing as namespace rel_ops and the applications worked fine.

 In 2.95 you could not write "using namespace std::rel_ops" in the first place.

 Phil

 --
 Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
 new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance