Re: libstdc++/2071

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2071; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
To: "rittle@labs.mot.com" <rittle@labs.mot.com>,
        "bkoz@redhat.com" <bkoz@redhat.com>
Cc: "gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
        "pedwards@disaster.jaj.com" <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com>
Subject: Re: libstdc++/2071
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:04:48 -0700

 --On Tuesday, June 12, 2001 03:53:38 AM -0500 Loren James Rittle
 <rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com> wrote:

 > Hi Benjamin,
 >
 > (CC'd Mark so he knows what is going on as release manager.  If you
 > don't have time to read the background, then feel free to jump to [MARK].)

 I think that we must fix this bug, and I think your approach is a
 good one.  Thank you for taking the time to explain it in detail.
 If Benjamin does not reply, you may apply this patch at 3:00 PM on
 June 12th, GMT - 8.  That will give Benjamin a chance to shout if
 he sees something wrong with it.

 You do need to add porting.texi information about the new
 _GLIBCPP_AVOID_FSEEK macro so that people know what it's for.

 You are doing an excellent job nailing lose ends.

 Thanks,