Re: libstdc++/2841

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2841; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/2841
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:17:28 +0200 (MEST)

 Benjamin Kosnik writes:

 > > Indeed, works like a charm.  I had manually installed the missing libm.a on
 > > the V5.1 test machine last night, with pretty good results, and just
 > > retried with the updated libstdc++-v3-dg.exp: the results are identical :-)
 >
 > excellent. BTW your results for OSF look pretty respectable.

 Indeed, and it's not even my work :-)  While I complained before that
 libstdc++ v3 wouldn't compile on Tru64 V4.0F or V5.1, yesterday night I
 started with a fresh tree and incorporated the fixes I needed to get it to
 bootstrap on V5.1 one by one.  After a couple of known fixes for V5.1 (long
 double support primarily) went in, I could build libstdc++ v3 even without
 my OSF port.  I'm about to check the testsuite failures individually and
 find out if my port improves them or breaks more tests.  I'll post to
 libstdc++ when I'm ready.

 > > I'll probably retry on a multilibbed configuration or two
 > > (sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8, mips-sgi-irix6.2), to make sure the patch can cope
 > > with the different subdirectory depth there.
 >
 > ok. Please let me know when I can close this bug report.

 Sure: the IRIX 6.2 machine, an 2 CPU R8000 Power Challenge/L, is incredibly
 slow (still building the stage 2 compiler), and running the testsuite there
 is even slower since I'll run it for both the N32 and N64 ABIs.

 64-bit Solaris 8 just aborted in gen-num-limits (this worked on 20010402);
 will have to investigate what's wrong there.

 	Rainer

 Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

 Email: ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE