Re: libstdc++/2841

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2841; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/2841
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:50:32 +0200 (MEST)

 Benjamin Kosnik writes:

 > have you tried CVS/branch gcc to see if setting ld_library_path works for
 > you?

 I'm not sure what you mean here?  I didn't have to set ld_library_path
 (either in the dejagnu testsuite or LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the environment) at
 all to have the make check to succeed.  In fact, I've just verified (by
 running the first compilation in libstdc++-v3.log manually) that the shared
 libgcc_s.so.0 is used in fact, and if I just try to run the resulting
 ./header_cassert in the shell, it fails since it cannot find that library
 (I don't have an installed gcc 3.0 yet, so the only place that library can
 be found is in the build tree.)  So at least that part of the testsuite
 change works as expected.  I'll learn about the rest (i.e. finding
 libstdc++.so.3) when I've bootstrapped and checked the other platforms
 where building shared libraries do work.

 	Rainer

 Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

 Email: ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE