This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] add support for POD struct convention (PR 61339)
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:34:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] add support for POD struct convention (PR 61339)
- References: <email@example.com> <20190712082408.GX2125@tucnak> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, 11:44 AM Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/19 9:24 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > I'd just arrange that when being compiled with clang we compile with
> > -Wno-mismatched-tags to get rid of their misdesigned warning and not add
> > such misdesigned warning to GCC, that will just help people spread this
> > weirdo requirement further.
> FWIW and FYI, this is what GDB does (gdb/warning.m4).
As I understand it, the warning reflects a hard requirement for code that
wants to be portable to MSVC++, so I think it's useful to have for that