This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make GIMPLE forwprop DCE dead stmts
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:01:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make GIMPLE forwprop DCE dead stmts
- References: <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 8/14/19 7:36 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
> The following patch makes forwprop DCE the stmts that become dead
> because of propagation of copies and constants. For this to work
> we actually have to do that reliably rather than relying on
> fold_stmt doing this for us.
> This hits fortran/trans-intrinsic.c in a way that we do "interesting"
> jump threading exposing a bogus uninit warning. I'll open a PR
> for this with an (unreduced) testcase after committing.
Feel free to mark it as a regression, if for no other reason than that
guarantees that I look at it during stage3/stage4. I can adjust the
marker at that time based on what I find.