This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR fortran/91414: Improved PRNG
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:23:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR fortran/91414: Improved PRNG
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu
On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 12:37:49PM +0300, Janne Blomqvist wrote:
> Update the PRNG from xorshift1024* to xoshiro256** by the same
> author. For details see
> and the paper at
> Also the seeding is slightly improved, by reading only 8 bytes from
> the operating system and using the simple splitmix64 PRNG to fill in
> the rest of the PRNG state (as recommended by the xoshiro author),
> instead of reading the entire state from the OS.
> Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, Ok for trunk?
Looks good to me.