This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix -MF clash for LTO.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>, "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm28 at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 12:04:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix -MF clash for LTO.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 11:54:44AM +0200, Martin Liška wrote:
> The patch is conclusion of long-lasting discussion in the PR.
> I've just verified that our gcc9 package with the patch attached
> can build emacs, and so it's fixed.
Richard said he has a patch in testing that he plans to submit today.
> Note that the CL_DRIVER instead of CL_LANG_ALL still fails.
What fails? The -MF handling should not.
If CL_DRIVER | CL_LANG_ALL is really needed, then there shouldn't be ()s
around it. And lto-wrapper.c has two spots currently using CL_LANG_ALL,
both need changing, not just one.