This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Contrib PATCH] Add scripts to convert GCC repo from SVN to Git
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 10:47:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Contrib PATCH] Add scripts to convert GCC repo from SVN to Git
- References: <E8A06A10-5BBC-4C2F-9C09-D5413B98D2DC@linaro.org> <8C62F814-2F57-4D1A-B66F-5C5ACFF37D6C@linaro.org> <4E46E435-F95C-46AD-87F0-8220D2BF4CD4@linaro.org> <CADzB+2nTUSH+i-XzAavnL3BfZjXLm53d0e3JgPfKZi5X8ijA9g@mail.gmail.com> <BC4A0163-3A45-4C3D-AA79-5DCEB6BF524A@linaro.org> <7FA7C370-04F5-448E-95D2-426607B99CF4@linaro.org> <41F2D149-C68D-482A-A39C-585AA0377333@linaro.org> <3C21E7AB-449D-4BA9-850A-3D01F7A20261@linaro.org>
On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 05:14:20PM +0300, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> > On Aug 2, 2019, at 11:35 AM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> On Jul 22, 2019, at 12:05 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <email@example.com> wrote:
> > 3. Conversion is now feature-complete. The scripts re-write author and committer fields, as well as create proper git tags.
> > 4. "Raw" version of repository is available under refs/raw/*.
> > 5. refs/raw/* are not expected to change.
> > 6. refs/heads/* and refs/tags/* might change due to author/committer name fixes and improvements.
> > Please scrutinize the repo and let me know of any artifacts.
When cloning it says
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
$ git checkout origin/trunk -b master
seems to fix the local checkout, but of course
$ git remote show origin
HEAD branch: (unknown)
Other than that, it looks fine. (I checked all my own entries, and all
got a reasonable email address).