This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Contrib PATCH] Add scripts to convert GCC repo from SVN to Git
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- To: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:54:23 +0300
- Subject: Re: [Contrib PATCH] Add scripts to convert GCC repo from SVN to Git
- References: <E8A06A10-5BBC-4C2F-9C09-D5413B98D2DC@linaro.org> <8C62F814-2F57-4D1A-B66F-5C5ACFF37D6C@linaro.org> <4E46E435-F95C-46AD-87F0-8220D2BF4CD4@linaro.org> <CADzB+2nTUSH+i-XzAavnL3BfZjXLm53d0e3JgPfKZi5X8ijA9g@mail.gmail.com> <BC4A0163-3A45-4C3D-AA79-5DCEB6BF524A@linaro.org> <7FA7C370-04F5-448E-95D2-426607B99CF4@linaro.org> <CADzB+2=B=Fv34nqt+D103YCQocBTsVs80CCNFHkv_4cJ0gKfWQ@mail.gmail.com> <846D2EF4-879F-4518-ABA5-7DD74E6B4F18@linaro.org> <email@example.com>
> On Aug 2, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Martin Liška <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 8/2/19 10:41 AM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
>> In the end, I don't care much to which version of the repo we switch, as long as we switch.
> Hi Maxim.
> I really appreciate that you've been working on that. Same as you I would like to see
> any change that will lead to a git repository.
> I have couple of questions about the upcoming Cauldron:
> - Are you planning to attend?
Unfortunately, I won't attend this time.
> - Would it be possible to prepare a voting during e.g. Steering Committee where
> we'll vote about transition options?
> - Would it make sense to do an online questionnaire in advance in order
> to guess what's prevailing opinion?
> If you are interested, I can help you?
Let's organize an online survey now. While most active GCC developers will attend Cauldron, many others will not, so we shouldn't rely on Cauldron to make any final decisions.
Martin, would you please organize the survey?