This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ping Re: Fix IBM long double spurious overflows
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 00:58:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: Ping Re: Fix IBM long double spurious overflows
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1401041314430 dot 23651 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAGWvnykMLF=xsWKpw+rv3HyRCSH0ZDCPmin8J+RWE9x5d-HA6A at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1401281749340 dot 30131 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAGWvnynQAsdBtK8ewqowY4F=Dq1FhNWj2WKj9p42khsE2cKmwA at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1401282108420 dot 2449 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAGWvnym6pU_0U03zcPRubzr0u3gADtrdHC4Cj54wf_J=Y-5o3g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Jan 28, 2014, at 6:38 PM, David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It is not appropriate for a GCC or GLIBC maintainer to impose behavior
So, let's ask the direct question, do you oppose making -mieee conforming to ieee? If not, they the fixes in question seem like they should be turned on with -mieee, and conformance tests that care about conformance can merely use that flag on such a target.