This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields v4, part 0/2
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:18:43 -0600
- Subject: [PATCH] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields v4, part 0/2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Here is the latest version of my -fstrict-volatile-bitfields patches.
I have gone ahead and committed part 1 of the previous version of this
patch series, which was approved back in mid-June. That part just
removes the warning about conflicts with packed structs (which everybody
seemed to agree was a bad idea) but doesn't otherwise change the
behavior of -fstrict-volatile-bitfields.
The code changes for the rest of the patch series are unchanged, but
I've updated the test cases to remove dependencies on header files.
I refreshed the patches against mainline head and retested all parts of
the patch series last week.
Part 1 of the current patch series incorporates parts 2 and 3 of the
previous version (code changes and test cases for the various bugs that
have been reported against -fstrict-volatile-bitfields). Part 2 is the
same as part 4 of the previous version (changing the target-specific
defaults). Hopefully having fewer parts to keep track of will make it
easier to review.