This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 4.7 libgo patch committed: Set libgo version number
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:16:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc 4.7 libgo patch committed: Set libgo version number
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 23.10.2012 06:55, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> PR 54918 points out that libgo is not using version numbers as it
> should. At present none of libgo in 4.6, 4.7 and mainline are
> compatible with each other. This patch to the 4.7 branch sets the
> version number for libgo there. Bootstrapped and ran Go testsuite on
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Committed to 4.7 branch.
changing the soname of a runtime library on the branch? I don't like this idea