This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [asan] Emit GIMPLE directly, small cleanups
- From: Wei Mi <wmi at google dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dseketel at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:47:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: [asan] Emit GIMPLE directly, small cleanups
- References: <20121011163847.GE584@tucnak.redhat.com> <5076FE77.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> /* Build
>> - (base_addr >> ASAN_SHADOW_SHIFT) | targetm.asan_shadow_offset ().
>> + (base_addr >> ASAN_SHADOW_SHIFT) + targetm.asan_shadow_offset ().
> Hm, I wonder if this is a documentation problem or we're generating bad
> runtime code. Wei, you tested the runtime and it was working with the GCC
> generated code, right?
> In any case, we can adjust the expression later.
I only tested my smallcase and it worked. Because usually the redzone
are not a very small areas (more than 4K), so I think it is possible
the smallcase works even if the shadow addr calculation is incorrect
and has small deviation.