This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: LRA for x86/x86-64 [3/9]
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:15:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFC: LRA for x86/x86-64 [3/9]
- References: <5064D9E5.email@example.com> <5065F5B4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12-09-28 3:08 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
On 09/27/2012 04:57 PM, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
I repeated it too several times for some my projects. So the history
repeats. I think we should have added the code even if it would be
This is fine. FWIW, it roughly mirrors code I wrote a couple years
ago when working on range splitting.
LRA creates a lot of new pseudos. So the following patch implements
ahead allocation reg info information which is important for LRA
2012-09-27 Vladimir Makarov <email@example.com>
* reginfo.c (max_regno_since_last_resize): New.
(reg_preferred_class, reg_alternate_class): Add assert.
(allocate_reg_info): Initialize allocated reg info.
(resize_reg_info): Make bigger reg_info and initialize new memory.
(reginfo_init): Initialize max_regno_since_last_resize.
(setup_reg_classes): Change assert.