This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com>, dj at redhat dot com, rguenther at suse dot de, tromey at redhat dot com, laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:24:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- References: <20120812200427.GA12561@google.com> <7C104A77-8655-41DE-AF40-B1248B67D2E1@comcast.net>
Il 23/08/2012 22:54, Mike Stump ha scritto:
> # Remove the -O2: for historical reasons, unless bootstrapping we prefer
> # optimizations to be activated explicitly by the toplevel.
> case "$CC" in
> */prev-gcc/xgcc*) ;;
> *) CFLAGS=`echo $CFLAGS | sed "s/-O[[s0-9]]* *//" ` ;;
> in configure.ac does this. I think if CXXFLAGS is also so done, we'd gain parity.
Agreed, patch is preapproved. This is not really done to aid debugging
though, it is to avoid optimization bugs when compiling stage1.