This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH, x86-Atom] Enabling look-ahead scheduling feature for Atom processors
- From: Igor Zamyatin <izamyatin at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:22:14 +0400
- Subject: [PATCH, x86-Atom] Enabling look-ahead scheduling feature for Atom processors
Following change enables look ahead feature in the code scheduler for
Atom processors. This gives quite reasonable gain for some benchmarks
for mobile market.
Overall compile time increase for SPEC2000 is about 1%.
Regtested for x86_64 and also bootstrapped with "--with-arch=core2
Ok for trunk?
2012-08-23 Yuri Rumyantsev <email@example.com>
* config/i386/i386.c (ia32_multipass_dfa_lookahead) : Add
case for Atom processor.
diff --git a/gcc/config/i386/i386.c b/gcc/config/i386/i386.c
index 976bbb4..331e29a 100644
@@ -24103,6 +24103,7 @@ ia32_multipass_dfa_lookahead (void)
+ case PROCESSOR_ATOM:
/* Generally, we want haifa-sched:max_issue() to look ahead as far
as many instructions can be executed on a cycle, i.e.,
issue_rate. I wonder why tuning for many CPUs does not do this. */