This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com>, bonzini at gnu dot org, dj at redhat dot com, rguenther at suse dot de, tromey at redhat dot com, laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:58:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- References: <20120812200427.GA12561@google.com> <502A574B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <502AA012.email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Diego Novillo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 12-08-14 09:48 , Diego Novillo wrote:
>> This merge touches several files, so I'm thinking that the best time is
>> going to be on Thu 16/Aug around 2:00 GMT.
> So, the fixes I needed from Lawrence are already in so we can proceed with
> the merge. I'll commit the merge tonight at ~2:00 GMT.
> After the merge is in, I will send an announcement and request major branch
> merges to wait for another 24 hrs to allow testers the chance to pick up
> this merge.
The C++ merge caused:
GCC memory usage is more than doubled from <= 3GB
to >= 10GB. Is this a known issue?