This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 07:24:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- References: <20120812200427.GA12561@google.com> <alpine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Aug 15, 2012, at 4:59 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:
> and debugging becomes a nightmare (hello gdb people!)
> (gdb) call debug_tree (0x7ffff67fa5e8)
> Cannot resolve function debug_tree to any overloaded instance
Inquiring minds want to know if:
macro define debug_tree(A) ((tree)A)
makes the above work if you put it into gdbinit.in? If yes, then, I think for now we should add such lines for every non-overloaded function, I too like using hex constants from dumps. Oh, or, maybe we just add a debug_tree(long) overload just to satisfy gdb.