This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com>, bonzini at gnu dot org, dj at redhat dot com, tromey at redhat dot com, laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:59:09 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)
- References: <20120812200427.GA12561@google.com>
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I will be sending 6 patches that implement all the changes we
> have been making on the cxx-conversion branch. As described in
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-08/msg00015.html, these patches
> change the default bootstrap process so that stage 1 always
> builds with a C++ compiler.
> Other than the bootstrap change, the patches make no functional
> changes to the compiler. Everything should build as it does now
> in trunk.
and debugging becomes a nightmare (hello gdb people!)
(gdb) call debug_tree (*expr_p)
<integer_cst 0x7ffff695d7c0 type <integer_type 0x7ffff67fa5e8 int>
(gdb) call debug_tree (0x7ffff67fa5e8)
Cannot resolve function debug_tree to any overloaded instance
filing bugs does not help (as usual).
It's a year old, to prep for this change. Now we're here. Debugging