This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Value type of map need not be default copyable
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Ollie Wild <aaw at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Smith <richardsmith at google dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 11:39:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Value type of map need not be default copyable
- References: <CAFOgFcTNNZSObWgAwSqWghH66ddkHsAMLaskmJFH6rPT=Upb3Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/03/2012 06:17 AM, Ollie Wild wrote:
Patch courtesy Richard Smith at Google:Ok, but, can you also double check and in case fix unordered_map too?
Looks like we have the same issue, right?
Fix bug in the implementation of std::map's operator. Construct an
object of type value_type, rather than using std::make_pair, so as to
allow mapped_type to have an *explicit* copy constructor.
See [map.access] (184.108.40.206)/5 for the corresponding standardese.
Tested via bootstrap + test.
Okay for trunk?
PS: remember that all the library patches go to libstdc++@ too, and
preferably please add something to the Subject about the library (like
"[v3] ... ")