This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch, fortran] Fix PR 54033, problems with -I
- From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig at netcologne dot de>
- To: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:16:13 +0200
- Subject: [patch, fortran] Fix PR 54033, problems with -I
the attached, rather obvious patch emits warnings for several
cases where there is something wrong with include directories.
No test case because I couldn't figure out how to test for a
warning with no line number.
OK for trunk?
2012-07-26 Thomas König <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* scanner.c (add_path_to_list): Emit warning if an error occurs
for an include path, if it is not present or if it is not a
directory. Do not add the path in these cases.
--- scanner.c (Revision 189754)
+++ scanner.c (Arbeitskopie)
@@ -311,12 +311,31 @@ add_path_to_list (gfc_directorylist **list, const
const char *p;
+ struct stat st;
p = path;
while (*p == ' ' || *p == '\t') /* someone might do "-I include" */
if (*p++ == '\0')
+ if (stat (p, &st))
+ if (errno != ENOENT)
+ gfc_warning_now ("Include directory \"%s\": %s", path,
+ /* FIXME: Also support -Wmissing-include-dirs. */
+ gfc_warning_now ("Include directory \"%s\" does not exist",
+ else if (!S_ISDIR (st.st_mode))
+ gfc_warning_now ("\"%s\" is not a directory", path);
if (head || *list == NULL)
dir = XCNEW (gfc_directorylist);