This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] Improve common function elimination
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig at netcologne dot de>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 12:34:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] Improve common function elimination
- References: <4EEDBD3B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thomas Koenig wrote:
--- dependency.c (Revision 182430)
+++ dependency.c (Arbeitskopie)
@@ -245,7 +245,9 @@ gfc_dep_compare_functions (gfc_expr *e1, gfc_expr
* 0 if e1 == e2
* -1 if e1< e2
* -2 if the relationship could not be determined
- * -3 if e1 /= e2, but we cannot tell which one is larger. */
+ * -3 if e1 /= e2, but we cannot tell which one is larger.
+ REAL and COMPLEX constants are only compared for equality
+ or inequality; if they are unequal, -2 is returned in all cases. */
Can we finally move to an ENUM? I think we slowly drift into the realm
of magic numbers ...
(I know that you didn't modify that part.)
Steve Kargl wrote:
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 04:21:55PM +0100, Thomas Koenig wrote:
OK for trunk?
I did not test the patch, but it appears correct to me.
Same here: Not tested, but it looks OK.