This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [doc] Update install.texi for Solaris 2, IRIX, Tru64 UNIX
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:23:13 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [doc] Update install.texi for Solaris 2, IRIX, Tru64 UNIX
- References: <ydd4o71q28c.fsf@manam.CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Rainer Orth wrote:
> I've just reviewed install.texi for my platforms and found it mostly
> accurate. A few minor changes are desirable for the 4.6 release, but
> also apply to mainline since the file is identical there:
> * Update recommendations to binutils 2.21 since this is what I've been
Since you're the primary tester and often only on these platforms, I
guess this is fine, otherwise (on GNU/Linux x86, say) it might be a bit
> * Remove download URL for Sun Studio compilers since AFAIK we're not
> supposed to link to non-free software.
Oh, sorry, I failed to follow up on your earlier response on that thread.
> Ok for mainline and 4.6 branch?
Yes, thank you.