This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Combine-4 fallout fix
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:36:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Combine-4 fallout fix
- References: <4C745C56.email@example.com>
Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> HJ has verified that this patch fixes a testsuite failure on ia64. The
> problem occurs when computing the graph of which insn feeds which - we
> use dead_or_set_p to determine whether i1 clobbers the register set by
> i0, but that fails if i1 sets a ZERO_EXTRACT. Using
> reg_overlap_mentioned_p instead should solve it.
> Bootstrapped and regression tested on i686-linux, ok?
(650) 331-3385 x713