This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix up DW_AT_accessibility (PR debug/45124)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:11:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix up DW_AT_accessibility (PR debug/45124)
- References: <20100729130932.GF18378@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com> <4C5189D4.email@example.com>
>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jakub> For compatibility with GDB, I believe all we can do is add more
Jakub> DW_AT_accessibility attributes and keep emitting where we were
Jakub> (uselessly) emitting before.
Jason> Is that really necessary? What does GDB do with these attributes?
I believe GDB only uses them when printing, to show the accessibility of
fields in a type.