This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch ARM] Fix atomic nand operations.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:11:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [Patch ARM] Fix atomic nand operations.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
> Hi ,
> Marcus pointed out that the way we implement __sync_nand_and_fetch in
> the helper routines is broken today because of the way we test the value
> we get.
What I immediately wondered is why no testcase in the testsuite detected
this issue. It looks like the check_effective_target_sync_* do not know
about sync support on ARM Linux. Since patches need testcases where
possible, I think this means you get to fix those functions - or, if that
does not enable any testcase that fails without the linux-atomic.c change
and passes with it, to add a new testcase that does show the issue on ARM.
Joseph S. Myers