This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] More clean-up with try-finally
- From: Daniel Kraft <d at domob dot eu>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:50:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] More clean-up with try-finally
- References: <4C435709.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C46139B.email@example.com>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
Daniel Kraft wrote:
I've marked two points in the patch with an XXX comment: First, I
created a new global variable in trans-decl that keeps track of the
currently trans'ed procedure's gfc_symbol (instead of its return
label). I did not find any existing feature to get it, although I may
well image there is one. Did I miss it?
I think there is not yet such a variable.
Second, in gfc_trans_return, se.post is added to the code after the
exit jump -- maybe I did completely misunderstand something, but to me
this makes no sense (as it will not be executed anyway); I guess that
this just never really mattered. But I may be wrong -- so can this
line go? And if so, why can we be sure that se.post needs never be
handled? And if I'm wrong, why?
I think this line can go.
Ok for trunk once I can bootstrap again and there are no regressions?
OK. Thanks for the patch!
Committed as rev. 162373. Removed the comments and line as suggested.
Thanks for the review!
To go: Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri