This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch c++] (__attribute__((deprecated)), part a) Fix PR17729
- From: IainS <developer at sandoe-acoustics dot co dot uk>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:43:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch c++] (__attribute__((deprecated)), part a) Fix PR17729
- References: <8E1F6759-A426-494D-8B3B-58FDF04BFB1A@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk> <4C0EC931.firstname.lastname@example.org> <F62C4460-7038-49D6-B361-48E199660D32@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk> <4C0F0855.email@example.com> <3EC5B677-F737-4B70-AB06-460A97AF915C@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk> <4C44925E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 19 Jul 2010, at 18:58, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 07/19/2010 01:11 PM, IainS wrote:
mark_used is called even more often than build_over_call &
(at one stage I ended up with three warning messages)...
It seems that there is no nice place to put these diagnostics, that
only visited once (for the current formulation***);
Hence we end up checking in several places (which, I agree, does not
How about just using a hash table, as in
I did some more back-tracing yesterday (to find where the duplicate
calls are coming from);
I'll analyze that a bit more later, and maybe augment it ...
one point that this revealed is the types are not marked as used (at
least not in this manner).
presumably there is some equivalent action so that we know which ones
to emit for debug?