This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IFUNC attribute
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:57:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: IFUNC attribute
- References: <4C3DDDDC.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Nathan Sidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch is an update of my previous ifunc patch. ?To recap, this adds an
> ifunc attribute that is syntacticly the same as the existing alias
> attribute. The alias attribute names a 'resolver' function, which
> dynamically determines the a function to be called by return a pointer to
> See http://groups.google.com/group/generic-abi/files for the specification
> of the GNU_IFUNC symbol type and associated relocations.
> built and tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu, ok?
I don't see much value in this than the current scheme. I don't
think it should go in.