This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch c++]: Fix possible uninitialized variable
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:52:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch c++]: Fix possible uninitialized variable
- References: <AANLkTimEXaWjIOlkUzkeSq_Knr_uSM0P1cn_h9qCknffirstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/14/2010 12:26 PM, Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2010-07-14 Kai Tietz
> * method.c (synthesized_method_walk): Initialize
> check_vdtor by false.
> Tested for i686-pc-linux-gnu, i686-pc-mingw32, and x86_64-pc-mingw32.
> Ok for apply?
Frankly, I do not understand why you are proposing this change: at line
1007 check_vdtor is assigned false and there are no uses whatsoever
before. Everything seems fine, and, by the way, the case of assign_p is
quite similar. Are you seeing spurious warnings during the bootstrap?