This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize 'a ' as single char string too
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:07:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize 'a ' as single char string too
- References: <20100713203346.GF20208@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com>
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:33:46PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> 2010-07-13 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * trans-expr.c (string_to_single_character): Also optimize
> string literals containing a single char followed only by spaces.
> (gfc_trans_string_copy): Remove redundant string_to_single_character
If you haven't committed your patch based on my OK,
can you hold off a bit? I have received a query about
whether trailing whitespace in a string needs to be
omitted by a TRIM call.