This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR42843 to use built compilers
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at spamcop dot net>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, amylaar at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:46:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR42843 to use built compilers
- References: <20100711044416.GA15826@bromo.med.uc.edu>
Quoting Jack Howarth <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
The previous fix for PR testsuite/42843 (r160461) incorrectly
set PLUGINCC and PLUGINCFLAGS to the values for the host
compiler rather than the built compiler.
Actually, it's the build compiler vs. built (target) compiler.
And using the build compiler is right in the non-bootstrap case.
Even in the boostrap case, it only makes a difference if there
is an incompatibly between the build compiler and the stage2/
stage3 AKA target compiler.
The attached patch
uses ENABLE_BUILD_WITH_CXX to conditionally set PLUGINCC
to either CC or CXX and PLUGINCFLAGS to either CFLAGS or
As I said before in the PR, this still uses the build compiler even when